EXCITING NEWS! TriWisconsin and Race Day Events are teaming up for the Single Loop Ironman Course Ride on Saturday July 3rd. This group ride will begin and end at Race Day Events Headquarters located at 2995 Sub-Zero Parkway, Fitchburg, WI 53719. The bike route covers the entire “loop” portion of the Ironman course so you'll know every corner and every hill that will await you in September. Approximate distance is ~50 miles. Even if you're not planning to do the big race, please consider joining in on this great supported group training ride!
Additional Course Recon Information:
· Ride parking, Restrooms, Start & Finish - Race Day Events 2995 Sub-Zero Parkway, Fitchburg, WI 53719. (note: additional parking available across the street at Sub-Zero)
· Arrive by 7:30AM, course debrief at 7:50AM and wheels out promptly at 8:00AM.
· Course maps and cue sheets will be available. All riders participating should be able to complete the ride within the Ironman course cut-off time.
· The ride starts about 2 miles off the middle of the stick on the Ironman course. We will ride out as a group till we reach the course where we will break up into packs depending on numbers. (We will likely have 2-3 groups based on ability.)
· Please check your tires and other equipment to make sure everything's in good shape. Be prepared to fix your flats (Unlike the actual Ironman event, there will NOT be any mechanics on the course.).
· A sag wagon support vehicle will be available for any rider experiencing a mechanical issue that they are unable to fix on course. Phone numbers will be given out at the pre ride meeting for help needed.
· One aid station will be available along the loop at Mt Horeb High School. Water, Gatorade and some snacks will be available for refueling. Note, while this ride is a great opportunity to practice your nutrition plan for the race we likely will not be offering the same nutrition as Ironman.
· After the ride, there's a nice trail in the park for an optional short run so don't forget your running shoes.
· Practice your post-race rehydration strategy with us after the ride at Race Day Events & Hop Haus Brewing Company (which shares a parking lot with Race Day Events.) Stay tuned for possible raffles and discounts for those in attendance after the ride.
GPX File: https://snippets.mapmycdn.com/routes/view/4370549314