Come join your fellow TriWi teammates for the first Ironman Course ride on Sunday, June 30th. We'll start in Madison, head out to Verona for 1 loop and return to Madison. This covers the entire course (just sans the extra loop) so you'll know every corner and every hill that will await you in September. Approximate distance is ~68 miles. Even if you're not planning to do the big race, this is a great supported group training ride.
**NEW THIS YEAR**
Endurance House Delafield is getting involved in the recon!! First, they will be providing SAG support on the course, so if you run into an issue you can't fix out on the course, we'll have you covered! Contact information will be provided during the course debrief.
After the ride, join us at Endurance House in Delafield for a post-ride post ride cookout, social and shop! Come out to for some delicious food, talk about the ride and future races as well as stock up on your triathlon supplies.
Additional Course Recon Information:
- We will start in the parking lot near the boat launch lot at Olin-Turville Park. Arrive by 7:30AM, course debrief at 7:50AM and wheels out promptly at 8:00AM.
- Please be mindful of where you park! Additional parking can be found at the Alliant Energy Center ($7-cash only) and the Monona Terrace Ramp ($5).
- We'll have 2-3 groups based on ability. Course maps and cue sheets will be available. All riders participating should be able to complete the ride within the Ironman course cut-off time.
- Please check your tires and other equipment to make sure everything's in good shape. Be prepared to fix your flats (just like the race).
- We will have one stop along the loop (Mt Horeb HS) to refill water bottles with water and Gatorade and to refuel with some snacks. This is a great time to practice your nutrition plan for the race!
- After the ride, there's a nice trail in the park for an optional short run so don't forget your running shoes.
PLEASE CONSIDER VOLUNTEERING. We will need assistance with bike groups as well as the aid station. Sign up here.
How to get to Olin-Turville Park:
Take I-94 West to I-90 South to Hwy 12/18 West (the "beltway").
Exit at John Nolan Drive. The park will be less than a mile on your right. It's the lot near the BOAT LAUNCH! Enter on Lakeside St off John Nolen.
NOTE: STAY TUNED TO FACEBOOK FOR ANY WEATHER RELATED INFORMATION ON DELAYS, ETC.
Checkout the course details and updates here